Early Stage Healthcare Venture
- Challenge:Obtain funding to scale internationally
- Engagement: We worked with the executive team to prepare a 5-year forward-looking financial model to determine cash need and then evaluated equity and debt options and recommended debt as the preferred type of funding. Helped screen and prioritize potential lenders including coaching the executive team on pitches. Venture ultimately secured multimillion-dollar debt financing under favorable terms.
Venture Capital Fund
- Challenge:Feasibility of telemedicine tools in emerging markets
- Engagement: The fund approached our team as part of the due diligence process to evaluate the feasibility of a telemedicine startup focused on emerging markets. Our team supported the fund in doing a SWOT analysis of the technology, market and the startup team. Critical challenges in sales and adoption were highlighted which helped the fund make an informed decision on their proposed investment.
Global Investment Fund
- Challenge:Building clinical quality systems at a newly launched hospital in emerging markets
- Engagement: Our team engaged with the chief clinical officer and head of quality, shared global best practices, highlighted key challenges and outlined tools available for building quality systems in the hospital. Engagement involved helping develop clinical quality metrics, performance management tools and service quality indicators.
- Challenge:Program funding of a primary healthcare program in emerging markets
- Engagement: A large international foundation was evaluating the opportunity to create a multiyear fund to focus on primary healthcare delivery in emerging markets and approached our team. We highlighted challenges in the existing markets and opportunities in sub-segments, showcase bright spots and help create a practical yet ambitious rollout plan.
- Challenge:Train social entrepreneurs on key steps to launching their enterprise
- Engagement: We developed and conducted a workshop to train more than 20 social entrepreneurs on the key steps to launching their future enterprises including idea refinement, business model structuring, selecting key founders and partners, types of funding and legal structure.
- Challenge:Refine operational processes to reduce errors and improve productivity
- Engagement: We documented existing processes, measured a baseline of current productivity and analyzed root causes of errors. Then developed and documented new processes to minimize errors and streamline operations, especially regarding internal communication and decision making, Created checklists and trained staff on new procedures resulting in significant reduction in errors and productivity improvements.
GLOBAL REACH. LOCAL EXPERIENCE.
Asia / Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Africa
Europe & Middle East
- United Kingdom
- United States